Welcome to Granary Road – our company is unique in its multi-faceted operations, attracting locals,
national visitors, and international tourism, with a commitment to provide memorable experiences and exceptional service for visitors. The character and reputation of our company comes from the effort and integrity of our employees, vendors, and managers. It is up to each person within the company to uphold themselves to the highest standards, behave ethically, respectfully, and represent the company in the best possible way at all times.
As the Granary Road Baker, you will be responsible for all the baking needs of the Homestead Bakery,
The Granary Road Loft, and the Granary Road Market booths.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Commit to the development of Granary Road Farmer’s Market & Active Learning Park
• Bake a variety of artisanal bread
• Bake and prepare a variety of café pastries
• Prepare a variety of Grab & Go meals
• Package & display a variety of baked goods and artisan bread ensuring proper labelling and product
• Bake a variety of seasonal pies
• Operate all bakery equipment including commercial mixers, proofers, ovens, rack ovens, and bread slicers in a safe manner
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
• A minimum of 2 years of bread and pastry bakery experience
• Strong knowledge of bakery principles, bakery preparation and baking methods
• Ability to manage and control prep pars and maximize bakery yields
• AHS approved food certification required
• Managing quality control to ensure a refined product delivery – FRESH
• Must have a positive attitude with the energy and stamina to take on any and all tasks.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment including long standing periods and the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must have flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends, and holidays.
The Baker will report directly to the Market Manager and will work in collaboration with the rest of the Granary Road management team and staff.