Granary Road Market Manager – Job Description
Welcome to Granary Road – our company is unique in its multi-faceted operations, attracting locals,
national visitors, and international tourism, with a commitment to provide memorable experiences and exceptional
service for visitors. The character and reputation of our company comes from the effort and integrity of our
employees, vendors, and managers. It is up to each person within the company to uphold themselves to the highest
standards, behave ethically, respectfully, and represent the company in the best possible way at all times.
As the Granary Road Market Manager, you will be leading the Granary Road Farmer’s Market business
including but not limited to the Homestead Bakery, The Granary Road Loft, and the Granary Road Market booths.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Commit to the development of Granary Road Farmer’s Market & Active Learning Park
• Responsible for managing Granary Road market booths, Loft Lounge, and the Homestead Bakery & Café
• Provide leadership for department staff including recruiting, hiring, and training staff.
• Responsible for all department financials
• Responsible for all ordering and inventory of department products
• Effective merchandising to maximize sales and profit of all retail product
• Lead a culture of safety, cleanliness, and AHS compliance
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
• Maintain a high level of integrity and leadership in all circumstances
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
• A business and or F&B educational background
• Previous café / bakery / F&B experience required
• Merchandising experience
• A history of meeting financial targets in a F&B environment.
• Food Safety knowledge and AHS approved food safety certification
• Experience building and leading a focused “customer service” team
• Always maintains a professional and respectful workplace environment
• Excellent communicator both verbally and written
• Managing quality control to ensure a refined product delivery – FRESH
• Must have a positive attitude with the energy and stamina to take on any and all tasks.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
• Must have flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends, and holidays.
The Market Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will work in collaboration with the rest of the
Granary Road management team and staff.